The department has been a pioneer in training Post Graduates in the field of Haematology. A formal Post Graduate course in Haematology approved by the Medical Council of India was started in 1999 here for the first time in India. This is a highly sought after course for PG trainees in the country. Those who have completed the training have gone onto provide clinical services in various parts of the country, which lacks sufficient trained Haematologists.
The program has been so designed to give the resident comprehensive training in clinical and laboratory hematology. At the end of this program the personnel will have
- Ability to establish and manage a stem cell transplant centre.
- Strong clinical skills in managing both malignant and non-malignant hematological disorders
- Interpret laboratory data which aid in proper diagnosis
- The ability to teach students and junior doctors
- Carry out and guide research to enhance the science of hematology
MD in Medicine/Pathology/Pediatrics
How to apply
Applications will be issued in Dec/ Jan every year and selection will be based on written test and interview. Course starts on August.
For further information visit https://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in/