Diagnosis and stem cell transplant in Primary immune deficiency disorders
Lymphoma – Biology and management
Gold Medal in D.M Clinical Haematology – Dr.MGR Medical University (August 2013)
ASH Visitor Training Fellowship 2016-2017
Second-line therapy in Immune thrombocytopenia – Randomized trial (CMC Fluid Research Grant)
|| An Open-label, Multicenter Evaluation of the Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Recombinant Human Coagulation Factor IX Fusion Protein (rFIXFc) in the Prevention and Treatment of Bleeding Episodes in Previously Treated Subjects With Hemophilia B (B-YOND) – Biogen Idec
||Dr. Anu Korula
|| A randomized, controlled, double-blind Phase III trial to compare the efficacy, safety and pharmacokinetics of GP2013 plus cyclophosphamide, vincristine, prednisone vs. MabThera® plus cyclophosphamide, vincristine, prednisone, followed by GP2013 or MabThera® maintenance therapy in patients with previously untreated, advanced stage follicular lymphoma (SANDOZ-NOVARTIS)
|| Dr. Anu Korula
||A Randomised, Multi-centre, Double-blind, Parallel Group Study to Compare the Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, Safety and Efficacy of Two Anti-CD20 Monoclonal Antibodies in Combination with CHOP in Patients with CD20-Positive Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma”(Dr Reddys)
||Dr. Anu Korula
INVESTIGATOR INITIATED STUDIES
||Randomized trial comparing the efficacy of Dapsone and Azathioprine as second-line therapy in patients with steroid refractory or steroid dependent immune thrombocytopenia (ITP).
||Dr. Anu Korula
- Korula A, Abraham A, Abubacker FN, Viswabandya A, Lakshmi KM, Abraham OC, Rupali P, Varghese GM, Michael JS, Srivastava A, Mathews V, George B. Invasive fungal infection following chemotherapy for acute myeloid leukaemia-Experience from a developing country. Mycoses. 2017 Jul 23. doi: 10.1111/myc.12646. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mohanan E, Panetta JC, Lakshmi KM, Edison ES, Korula A, Fouzia NA, Abraham A, Viswabandya A, Mathews V, George B, Srivastava A, Balasubramanian P. Population pharmacokinetics of fludarabine in patients with aplastic anemia and Fanconi anemia undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2017 Jul;52(7):977-983. doi: 10.1038/bmt.2017.79. Epub 2017 May 8.
- Rationale and efficacy of proteasome inhibitor combined with arsenic trioxide in the treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia. Ganesan S, Alex AA, Chendamarai E, Balasundaram N, Palani HK, David S, Kulkarni U, Aiyaz M, Mugasimangalam R, Korula A, Abraham A, Srivastava A, Padua RA, Chomienne C, George B, Balasubramanian P, Mathews V. Leukemia. 2016 Nov;30(11):2169-2178
- Surgical procedures in patients with Glanzmann's thrombasthenia: case series and literature review. Ganapule A, Jain P, Abubacker FN, Korula A, Abraham A, Mammen J, George B, Mathews V, Srivastava A, Viswabandya A. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2017 Mar;28(2):171-175
- Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency-I: Clinical and Molecular Characterization in an Indian Population. Deshpande P, Kathirvel K, Alex AA, Korula A, George B, Shaji RV, Mathews V. Indian J Pediatr. 2016 Feb 29
- Treatment rates of paediatric acute myeloid leukaemia: a view from three tertiary centres in India - response to Gupta et al. Philip C, George B, Korula A, Srivastava A, Balasubramanian P, Mathews V. Br J Haematol. 2015 Dec 2. doi: 10.1111/bjh.13857. [Epub ahead of print]
- Leukocyte Derived Chemotaxin 2 (ALECT2) Amyloidosis. Kulkarni U, Valson A, Korula A, Mathews V. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2015 Jul 1;7(1):e2015043.
- Acute myeloid leukaemia: challenges and real world data from India. Philip C, George B, Ganapule A, Korula A, Jain P, Alex AA, Lakshmi KM, Sitaram U, Abubacker FN, Abraham A, Viswabandya A, Srivastava VM, Srivastava A, Balasubramanian P, Mathews V. Br J Haematol. 2015 Jul;170(1):110-7.
- Primary mediastinal synovial sarcoma with transdiaphragmatic extension presenting as a pericardial effusion. Korula A, Shah A, Philip MA, Kuruvila K, Pradhip J, Pai MC, Chacko RT. Singapore Med J. 2009 Jan;50(1):e26-8.
- Malignant phyllodes tumour with intraductal and invasive carcinoma and lymph node metastasis. Korula A, Varghese J, Thomas M, Vyas F, Korula A. Singapore Med J. 2008 Nov;49(11):e318-21.
- Acquired perforating dermatosis: an innocuous lesion with possibly ominous implications. Korula A, Thomas M, Noronha J. Cutis. 2010 Nov; 86(5):242-4
- Hoarseness of voice and skin lesions since childhood. Peter CV, Williams AP, Korula A. J Assoc Physicians India. 2010 Jun; 58: 384.
- Fabry's disease. Dincy P C, Karthik R K, Korula A, John D. J Assoc Physicians India. 2008 Apr;56: 242.
- Primary intrarenal teratoma in an adult: A case report and review of literature. Nirmal TJ, Krishnamoorthy S, Korula A. Indian J Urol. 2009 Jul; 25(3):404-6.
- Low dose aspirin prevents duodenoesophageal reflux induced mucosal changes in wistar rat esophagus by MAP kinase mediated pathways. Selvan B, Ramachandran A, Korula A, Amirtharaj GJ, Kettimuthu K, Nair S, Nair A, Samuel P, Mathew G. Int J Surg. 2012;10(2):73-9.
- A Rare Variation In The Relation Of Omohyoid Muscle: A Case Report J Anat. Soc. India 49(2) 180-181 (2000) Vettivel S, Korula A. and Koshy S
Educational qualifications, licensure:
- 1993-1998, MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India (Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu)
- 2003-2006, MD (Pathology), Christian Medical College, Vellore, India (Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu)
- 2010-2013, DM (Haematology), Christian Medical College, Vellore, India (Dr. MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu)
Registered for medical practice by the Tamil Nadu Medical Council (Reg no. 63529)
- 1998-1999, Rotating internship for 12 months, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India.
- 1999-2000, Clinical assistant, Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2000-2001, Demonstrator, Department of Anatomy, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2001-2002, Medical officer, Lady Willingdon Hospital, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- 2003-2006 Postgraduate student, Department of Pathology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2006-2009 Assistant Professor, Grade II, Department of Pathology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2009-2010 Registrar (Non-PG), Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2010-2013 Postgraduate student, Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, India.
- 2014-2017 Assistant Professor, Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India.
- 2017-Current Associate Professor, Department of Haematology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India.